Monday, March 25, 2013

Honey Tree Family Day 2013

My Saturday Morning Snapshot post last weekend mentioned that Blake and I attended his school's family day for the first time. Here's what happened. Haha.

It was a super early start to the day, even earlier than his regular school hours. I also had Blake drink his milk before leaving the house because who knows when we'll get to eat, right? On normal school days, Blake will have his breakfast in school. I stopped giving him milk cos he regurgitated daily after every morning feed at one point.


So anyway, once that was all settled, we left home. The sky was beautiful that morning.


The initial plan was for me to drive my dad's car, and have it returned before he needs it later that morning. But to play safe, I messaged my dad the night before (close to midnight!) to ask if he could send us there instead, and we will make our own way home. I don't really enjoy being rushed for anything, you see. Haha.

So at 7.20am, my dad picked us up and drove us to the field near Blake's school, where the event was held. Blake slept throughout the journey. He was very tired!




My dad :)

We were one of the first few to reach, and the place has yet to be set up. Blake began to explore the place. He had found it rather strange that he woke up and saw a field rather than his school gates. Haha. It took him a while be aware of his surroundings, but soon, he was all over the place - running, jumping, climbing!






Grabbed him for a couple of shots before he couldn't take it. Haha!












Everyone was busy setting up while Blake was busy exploring the place

Close to an hour later, we were all gathered in the field for the morning warm up exercise, before the games begin.


We were asked to spread out to prevent hitting one another, but seems like only Blake and I did. Haha! We stood under the shade of trees! :P


Stretch your arms!


Now your shoulders!




Shake your hips!


Shake, Shake, Shake!

After the morning exercise was done, it was play time! But by this time, Blake was bored of the field already. We only managed to play one game before he decided it was time to go. Haha.


Blake demonstrated how to play this game with his teacher


After we left, we made a slow walk to the bus stop, where Blake stopped at every parked car along the road to call out the colours. It was really funny! We also saw a white crane in the big drain!

Soon, we were on the bus home and this was when Blake replenished himself with water, and rested. After we got off the bus, we went to the playground (empty!) and Blake continued playing.














After playing for about 30-45 minutes, I bribed him with a lollipop to go home. I couldn't take it anymore. I had to go home to rest! And so, that concludes our first school family day. Hopefully, we will be able to play more than one game next year! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment